Monday, October 31, 2022

Folk Art Christmas

 

My favorite Christmas memory as a kid was decorating the Christmas tree with my dad.  He and I were the most excited to decorate the tree and he’d tell me the back-stories behind our older ornaments.  Those were magical memories and a tradition I continue to this day.

 

For my slimline card, I created a background blending Distress Oxide Inks Faded Jeans and     Chipped Sapphire onto light blue cardstock with a Picket Fence Studios Blending Brush.

I then splattered the background using Distress Ink Picket Fence refill ink and a paint brush.  I simply picked up some ink with the paint brush and tapped on the brush over the card.

These lovely images and sentiment are from Ranger/Simon Hurley Folk Art Ornaments Stamps

and cut out with Spellbinders Folk Art Ornaments Dies.  Ranger and Spellbinders collaborated on this wonderful collection. Each of the images has been Copic colored (see below for colors used).

 I arranged the pieces then adhered them with Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares.


 

Products Used:

Distress Oxide Ink – Faded Jeans

Distress Oxide Ink – Chipped Sapphire

Distress Ink Reinker – Picket Fence

Ranger/Simon Hurley Folk Art Ornaments Stamps

Spellbinders Folk Art Ornaments Dies

Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares

Copic Sketch Markers Used:

B45 – Smoky Blue

E11 – Barley Beige

R27 - Cadmium

R59 - Cardinal

Y19 – Napoli Yellow

Y28 – Lionet Gold

YG23 – New Leaf

YG25 – Celadon Green

YG67 - Moss

N4 – Neutral Gray No.4

No comments:

Post a Comment