Saturday, September 11, 2021

Saturday Coffee Cafe - Comfort Me

 

Welcome to the Saturday Coffee Cafe!  I'm glad you stopped in today to see what's brewing!

 

Today (9/11) is a difficult day.  The need for comfort fills my heart and makes me think of my Grandmother.  She raised 10 children (a few during WWII), knew how to make meals out of almost nothing, hardly ever raised her voice (except when her Irish temper got triggered) and was my greatest advocate!  When I was a young girl, my Grandma and unmarried Aunt moved in to the apartment next door to us and it was such a blessing!  I spent every afternoon after school sipping tea and nibbling on Social Tea biscuits with her just chatting away about this and that.  She told me family stories, kept me up-to-date on her Soaps, gave me words of wisdom and called me her 'doll' (my cousins would disagree, but I know I was her favorite - lol!)  I always felt safe and at peace spending time with her and the comfort of her hugs were like being enveloped in Angels wings.


For my card, I layered coral cardstock onto the card base then a pattern paper from Echo Park Our Wedding.  The lace doily backdrop is Divinity Designs Delicate Doily die. The cup and wording are from retired (I think) Spellbinders Cuppa Coffee and But First Coffee.  I made the large tea bag using a tag die.

May you find peace and comfort today...maybe with a cup of tea.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment