Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Sunflower Slimline Gatefold

 

Sunflowers are my favorite and these gorgeous sunflowers from Pink & Main's Sunny Greetings set just make me very happy!!

This is my first attempt at a slimline gatefold card!  I cut white cardstock (7 1/2" x 8 1/2") and scored it at 1 7/8" and 5 5/8".  I layered the panels (front and back) with a wood grain pattern paper. 

Inside:  For the gatefold, I  cut two pieces of pattern paper (2 1/4" x 3"); scored 1/4" on one end of each piece; then cut a fish tail on the opposite end.  Before adhering the two pieces, I placed them where I wanted them in order to see where to stamp on the card base.  I used a light colored ink and stamped one of the sunflowers in the Sunny Greetings set then stamped the 'Hello Fall" sentiment from the Fall Sentiments stamp set.

I adhered the two fishtail pattern pieces on either side of the main panel; slightly away from each score line on the card base.  I then cut orange cardstock with the slimline scallop die from the Sympathy Slimline Die set and used one of the Layered Circle Dies to cut an opening in the orange panel.  The orange panel is popped up to fit over the gatefold.  I stamped, colored and die cut one of the sunflowers in the set.

Outside:  I created a 'belly band' from cardstock and pattern paper and cut a dark brown cardstock circle with one of the Stitched Circle dies to place in the center of the band.  To finish, I stamped, colored and die cut the larger sunflower spray from the set and placed it over the dark brown circle die cut.

Be sure to follow Pink & Main via email/blog, Facebook and/or Instagram so you won't miss any projects the design team shares...not to mention, you'll be among the first to hear about deals and specials!

 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunflowers and a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have never made a slimline card, but I have made an A2 card like this and I Love making these.

    ReplyDelete