Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Let's Flamingle!


I sooo want to go someplace tropical or at least to a beach!  Alas, that's not in my future, so I'll just have to go there in my mind for now :)  Thanks to Pink & Main's new release, there's a little bit of the tropics in my craft room!


 For my card, I created a double shaker.  Using the new Layered Rectangle A2 Dies, I first created a frame by cutting the coral cardstock with two of the dies at the same time (see photo below).  I did the same thing for the sun by cutting yellow cardstock with two of the Layered Circle Dies; placed the circle where I wanted it in the corner of the frame and trimming it to be flush. 

After gluing acetate to the back of the frame and sun, I lined each of these shapes with thin Darice Foam Strips creating 'sections' (the main frame part and the sun part) and added different shaker elements to each section. To finish, I adhered a pattern from the Summer Splash paper pad to enclose the shaker elements and adhered the entire shaker to a card base.


The fabulous images on my shaker card are from the new Let's Flamingle stamp set which has coordinating dies! This such a fun set!!  To make the 'rays' of the sun, I cut yellow cardstock with one of the dies, trimmed off the end and adhered them onto the acetate and around the circle shape.  To finish, I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and snipped the ends to make a banner.


Be sure to follow Pink & Main via email/blog, Facebook and/or Instagram so you won't miss any projects the design team shares...not to mention, you'll be among the first to hear about deals and specials!

 

1 comment: