Monday, December 3, 2018

STAMPlorations December CUTplorations Challenge


It's time for a new STAMPlorations CUTplorations challenge!!  Check out the December inspiration photo What will inspire you? I can't wait to see what you create!


 Here's the challenge scoop:
  • You can link up as many projects as you want (1 project per blog post)
  • You must use at least 1 STAMPlorations product (stamp, stencil, die, or coloring page, or grab a FREE STAMPloration digi stamp)
  • To qualify for the prize, players must display challenge graphic and link back to the challenge post (blogs only)
Prizes: $15 GC for the winner (voted by the team); $5 GC to three (3) randomly picked players.



 For my card, I created a long and narrow card which I think is a first for me!  It fits in a legal sized envelope.  First I layered some pattern paper on the card base.  Then I took a strip of white cardstock and sponged a light, neutral color to the center.  These wonderfully fun Christmas tree bulb and string images are from the Layered Lights stamp set.  I then used the 'Merry and Bright' word phrase die to cut shiny silver cardstock - I did cut the diecut words apart to place them where I wanted on the card.


 I also wanted to see how it would look to do a horizontal card using the same elements.  What do you think?  Which way do you like best - horizontal or vertical?

Look forward to seeing your card in the gallery this month!


3 comments:

  1. I actually like the horizontal version! Love the retro feel - those great lights and your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cards, Kathy!! i'm with Maria...i think i prefer the horizontal version. love the colors you picked for those layered lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful! I love how bright and happy your card is...very nice job!

    ReplyDelete