Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Eucalyptus Wreath


I’m easing into Christmas.  Some folks already have their decorations up, but our tradition is to bring in the Christmas season the day after Thanksgiving.  When it comes to Christmas cards, however, I make those all year round!  What about you?


The minute I saw this gorgeous Eucalyptus Wreath, I knew I wanted to use it on a Christmas card.  I’d really love to have one like it hanging on my door this season!
For my card, I layered black cardstock to the card base.  The Eucalyptus Wreath was stamped in black ink and dried.  I watercolored the leaves in light and dark green; highlighting the edges of the wreath in blue.  Then I sponged some cream ink about the edges of the card and stamped the pretty sentiment from the O Christmas Tree set.  To finish, I lightly splattered black watercolor paint over the entire card, added a black gingham bow and gold sequins.


No comments:

Post a Comment