Saturday, May 20, 2017

Let Your Dreams Take Flight


 At this time of year, with many young people graduating from high school and college, it makes me think of the hope of dreams.  My daughter graduated high school a couple years ago and she was filled with dreams of college and what she was going to do in her life.  Thankfully, she has so many more options than I ever did 'back in the day' and so it's really heartwarming for me to see her dreams taking flight!


For my card, I started with Reverse Confetti Vertical Stripes Cover Panel Confetti Cuts (which I used horizontally) and in laid shades of blue. Then, I paper pieced the kites and added the clouds and sentiment from Take Flight.

I'm excited to enter my card in these challenges:







 

9 comments:

  1. OH WOW ... I just love your design Kathy! What a fabulous idea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Encouragement’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Kathy, i love it.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Kathy! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautifully patterned kites, soaring through the eye-catching striped sky, are marvelous symbols of possibility! Gorgeous card! So delighted you shared this gem in the FUSION gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ganz wundervoll gemacht. Vielen lieben Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes a wonderful Graduation card! I know just what you mean...I wish I had some of the options that my daughter had...(So glad she used those options wisely)

    ReplyDelete