Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Cardinals



The cardinal is our state bird and you'd think I'd get used to seeing them now and again.  Yet every time I do, I marvel at the vibrate red color of the male birds.  Although we haven't had any snow yet this season, but I'm looking forward to seeing that striking red against a wintery background...it's truly a beauty of nature!

For my card, I used two dies from Memory Box.  Merry Christmas die was cut from shiny silver cardstock and Twiggy Tree was cut from sparkly white cardstock as were the snowflakes.  The cardinals are from a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks to these challenges for the inspiration:



 


(a new challenge blog for me!)


(another new challenge blog for me!)


 

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous ... I love cardinals and you've showcased them perfectly on this holiday card! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WINTER’ challenge at Dies R Us as well as the 'COLOR' challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. DID YOU KNOW? A friend and I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016. Please check it out. Double D Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Christmas card. LOVE the colour combination especially the red birds. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Make it Sparkly challenge.
    Gayatri XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! You are our winner! Check it out ... http://diesruschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/01/challenge-39-winner-and-top-3.html

    ReplyDelete