Sunday, February 23, 2014

Liebster Award!


I received such a wonderful surprise - my Merry Monday friend, Lori, was incredibly sweet and thoughtful to nominate me for the Liebster Award!  Lori, THANK YOU - I feel so honored!
  Lori is a fabulous designer and you just HAVE to see her blog Inkingly Yours

Here are the rules of the nomination:
  1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
  3. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs with under 500 followers and ask your own 11 questions.
  4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Blog nomination on their blog (leave a comment and link back to your Liebster Blog post).

Here are my answers to Lori's questions:

1. What made you decide to start crafting?  I've enjoyed doing something creative ever since I was a little kid.  My love for stamping began with a friend inviting me to a Stampin' Up! demonstration -- it's been a passion ever since!
2. Where is your #1 place to purchase crafty supplies? I'm a huge on-line shopper!  I can't really say I have a #1 - I'm an equal opportunity spender!
3. Do you prefer rubber/clear stamping or digi stamping? Absolutely rubber/clear stamping.
4. How long have you been a paper crafter? About 18 years or so
5. How many design teams are you on? Currently on the Merry Monday Design Team; a couple years ago, I was was on The Friday Mashup team.
6. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas!
7. What would you say your crafting "style" is? CAS? Layers? Is eclectic a style?  - LOL!  I tend to like layers and love stamps and dies that coordinate.  It makes creating projects so much easier for me.
8. What's your favorite source for crafty ideas? Magazines? Online sources? Lots of places - I love looking through Pinterest. Splitcoast and definitely others' blogs (so much talent out there!).  But I also love Papercrafts Magazine and Take Ten.
9. What do you use for coloring your images? I'm a terrible colorer.  My friend Gretchen really tried to get me to be a Copic pro (she's amazing), but I "flunked".  I still use Copics to color small images.  Thankfully, many stamps can be colored with - well, stamps.  I do enjoy watercoloring every once in a while though.
10. What size cards do you typically make? The standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" - my eye is just trained to that size.
11. Are you a scrapbooker, stamper or both? I'm a stamper and cardmaker.  Scrapbooking scares me :) (see previous answer) and I'm in awe of those who can!


Here are 11 of my favorite blogs that I have chosen to nominate for the Liebster Award - stop by their blogs and congratulate them!: 

Sharyn - My Crafty Place






Mary Beth - Time for Paper

Monique - Cards Talk






Finally - here are my 11 questions:

1.  How long have you been crafting?
2.  What's your favorite product?
3.  How much time do you spend each week making cards and things?
4.  What are your favorite challenges to play in?
5.  If you were to learn a new technique, what would it be?
6.  What got you blogging?
7.  Where do you get your inspiration?
8.  If you could only use one stamp set and one die, what would they be?
9.  What advice would you give someone just starting to craft?
10. What's your favorite color combo?
11.  Tell us one thing about yourself that people would be surprised to know.


Here is a link  to some info on the award if you are new to blogging and aren't sure what it is all about! Have a super day!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me Kathy :) I've enjoying reading a little more about you and am starting my list of blogs to nominate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. Kathy what a nice surprise! Thank you so much for even thinking of me. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome, friend! I had fun "getting to know you" better!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, what a surprise, I am late in getting to read my comments, busy weekend with grandchildren sports and then a birthday for my husband! Thank you Kathy for this honor, I love the idea of nominating others who have a small following. I will get started right now on answering your questions and then paying it forward!! God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet thing to do! Thank you for nominating me Kathy. I'm thrilled that you took the time to stop by and leave a comment and because of that I've had the pleasure of seeing all your very lovely creations. You truly are talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, holy moly, what a shocker this was! Thank you so much for nominating me for this award, I truly am honored and I loved reading more about you! I will get busy on this now and try to answer all your questions...thanks again for your vote of confidence in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy you are just too sweet! Thanks so much for nominating me, it means a lot that you would think of me. Especially because I'm a huge fan of yours, you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete