Saturday, July 7, 2018

Saturday Coffee Cafe - Just A Note

 It’s always a pleasure seeing you at the Saturday Coffee Café!  Grab a fresh brew and relax a bit!




I used to get into trouble in school – often – for writing notes to my friends in class.  That was the way we ‘texted’ back in the day 😊   Some of my team at work keep trying to show me how to use One Note to take meeting notes.  Call me old fashioned (or just old), but I still use my planner or notebook and a good pen/pencil for notetaking.  The act of writing something on paper helps me remember things better and there’s nothing like using a nice pen/pencil to write with – while enjoying a great cup of coffee!




For my card today, I’m using several fun products from Paper Smooches.  I found a ‘cork’ pattern paper in my stash that I used for the background.  The ‘note paper’ was created cutting striped pattern paper using Paper Smooches Paper Die.  For the coffee cup and coffee beans, I used the Cozy Coffee Die and the pen was cut using Pen Dies.  The sentiment is from the Sentiment Sampler set.




I treasure the handwritten notes/cards I’ve received.  I even had a bracelet made for my daughter that says “I love you” in my mother’s handwriting (my mom passed away several years ago).  The handwritten word is powerful – why not write a note to someone today?





1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun card! I adore your layering and that paper die is very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete