Friday, June 15, 2018

Dies R Us - Stained Glass Summer


 Hope you are enjoying the summer so far!  We've had gorgeous days - lots of sunshine, nature is in full bloom and warm weather.  My stained glass card reminds me of bright sunshine shining through the window and the fabulous colors outside!


 My card features the inlaid die technique.  I started with cutting black cardstock with Sue Wilson Design Stained Glass Collection - Butterfly die.  This piece acted as the 'frame work'.


I applied adhesive to a piece of cardstock and placed it behind the Stained Glass die cut.  Then, I cut several colors of cardstock with the die.  Placing the different colored cardstock die cuts into the black frame was like 'coloring' with cardstock -- so fun!


Once I filled in all the openings, I popped up and layered the colored piece onto a piece of white cardstock cut with one of the Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangle dies and adhered to the base.

To finish, I used Karen Burniston Greetings and cut the 'thinking of you' word from gold shiny cardstock.








 


Come join in all of the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.





click below for:



1 comment:

  1. OMG, Kathy ~ This is a STUNNING CARD! I LOVE your directions but am hoping for just a little more help. I think I understand everything except what adhesive you used on the piece of cardstock that you placed behind the stained glass frame? I understand choosing pieces from the other colors you cut and putting the stained glass back together again, but I can't figure out how you attached the black backing to the stained glass frame. Am I making this harder than it is? I want to make sure I can be as successful as you with this die before purchasing it. Can you help?

    THANK YOU!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete