Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Pretty In Pink


It took a while, but after 23 years of marriage, my husband got the 'hint' that I love any color roses except red!  This past Mother's Day, I received a gorgeous bouquet of pink roses which meant so much to me -- not necessarily the flowers which were lovely -- but the fact that I'd been heard!  Ahh, sometimes it really is the little things that count :)



 For my card I layered a deep rose cardstock behind this rose background die I found at a garage sale.  The lovely blooms are from Altnew Painted Flowers stamp/die set and the sentiment is from a retired Reverse Confetti stamp/die set.

Thanks to these challenges for the inspiration:










15 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, such a beautiful use of the bg die and lovely stamped blossoms. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. What a great use of the die and stamps. Thank you for joining us at CCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the pink roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh, I never find anything that good at crafty garage sales. ;) This is a beautiful card, and I love the colour... even if my preference IS for red roses! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the roses over the die cut background - gorgeous colour choice! So glad you joined us at our Anything Goes week at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely - well designed with the rose die cut background. What a great image and coloring. I love the design. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, I saw it in the Muse gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Muse card. Congrats to your husband for hearing you (or maybe it's congrats to you!). Beautiful card, highlighting the colour pink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love peach on peach :) beautiful card 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovin the card, so lovely!!! so glad you played with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the die cut! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete