Sunday, August 7, 2016

Birthday Month!

 It's my birthday month!  Ok, so there's still a few weeks until the actual "day" and I'm getting closer to retirement age, but I'm still celebrating August (or maybe I just want cake!).

For my card, I used a set from Stampin Up (Build a Birthday) and even found some really old SU pattern paper in my stash.  For some reason, I just like separating the layers than putting them right on top of each other :)  I added touches of pink Liquid Pearls to the cake stand and banners on the topper. 

 

 Thanks to these challenges for the inspiration...and helping me to celebrate my birthday month :)








9 comments:

  1. I love the month of August for birthdays. I have am August birthday too! What a fun way to build a cake by separating the layers. Really looks much better that way, more cake. Happy Birthday to you Kathy!
    Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.
    Barbara, challenge host

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and cake! Great use of the challenge colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magnificent cake!! Perefct card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy...what a fun birthday card! I love your take on the sketch and those colors that you used...one of my favorite combos! Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthdays should definitely last a whole month - especially if there's more cake ;) Love how you've separated the layers, very effective. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...this is just way too wonderful! I love love love it Kathy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kathy! Happy early birthday! This is a very sweet birthday card. I love how you separated the layers of the cake; makes for a great impact. Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! Yummy cake! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, very cute!! Love the colors! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete